Securities Enforcement and Litigation UpdateNovember 23, 2022
Over the past year, the SEC’s enforcement priorities under Chairman Gary Gensler and Enforcement Director Gurbir Grewal have continued to develop, with an emphasis on climate change and other ESG issues, cryptocurrency, SPACs, market manipulation and recordkeeping. Many areas with increased SEC enforcement have also seen more private securities litigation. Despite growth in these areas, private securities litigation class action filings have fallen overall.
S&C’s Securities Enforcement and Litigation Update provides a detailed analysis of these and other recent developments in both SEC enforcement and private securities litigation.
Download S&C’s Securities Enforcement and Litigation Update.
S&C’s Securities Litigation Practice
S&C represents U.S. and non-U.S. corporations, financial institutions and individuals in their most complex, high-value securities matters. Our lawyers have played a fundamental role in the evolution of U.S. banking and securities law, and the Firm is regularly ranked as one of the top firms for defending securities litigation.
Securities & Commodities Investigations & Enforcement Practice
S&C’s Securities & Commodities Investigations & Enforcement Practice lawyers have a deep understanding of markets and complex trading and financial products. The group regularly represents clients in investigations and enforcement actions by the SEC, the CFTC, FINRA, the National Futures Association and other federal, state and non-U.S. regulators and self-regulatory organizations.
Criminal Defense & Investigations Group
S&C’s Criminal Defense & Investigations Group is adept at resolving issues on the cutting edge of enforcement and regulatory activity. With more than a dozen former federal and state prosecutors, as well as other skilled lawyers, our team understands how government authorities pursue cases and anticipates shifts in enforcement priorities. We have played a leading role in virtually every major U.S. law enforcement initiative of the past 20 years, and our lawyers have handled more than 125 criminal trials in federal and state courts.
- S&C Critical Insights – Recent Developments in Private Securities Litigation
- S&C Critical Insights – Recent Developments in SEC Enforcement
- Steve Peikin Discusses Enforcement Topics in ‘Masterclass: Managing a True Corporate Crisis/Major Internal Investigation’
- S&C Critical Insights – SEC v. Cochran Supreme Court Argument Preview
- ESG Newsletter - October 2022
- S&C Leads Adient to Second Circuit Victory in Shareholder Action
- S&C Critical Insights – Private Securities Litigation: Trends and Emerging Issues
- Recent Federal Cases Could Change SEC Enforcement Actions