Corporate Governance: An Evolving Landscape
The COVID-19 pandemic places boards and management at the forefront of increasingly complex and critical corporate governance issues, with challenges that affect a company’s operations, prospects, employees, stockholders and other stakeholders.
Recognizing that these issues draw on all areas of the law, S&C takes a holistic approach to advising our clients on all relevant legal developments. We provide insight on how strong oversight, coordination and leadership by a board, working closely with management, will be critical in handling this fluid situation.
To help our clients navigate these challenging times, we have provided guidance in our memo “Corporate Governance Considerations in Response to COVID-19 Outbreak.”
Our lawyers have also provided additional guidance on specific issues that boards and management may face, with memos, publications and podcasts on the following topics:
- M&A and Corporate Governance Hot Topics – S&C’s Quarterly Newsletters
- An ESG Playbook for Post-Pandemic M&A
- 2020 Proxy Season Review
- The Rise of Standardized ESG Disclosure Frameworks in the U.S.
- Fiduciary Duties in the Zone of Insolvency
- COVID-19 Risks Facing Boards
- Activism After the Pandemic
- Impact of COVID-19 on Shareholder Activism and Unsolicited Offers
- Review and Analysis of 2019 U.S. Shareholder Activism
- Financial Times Op-Ed on Corporate Governance
Read more about our corporate governance practice here.