Law360 2021 Practice Group of the Year: TaxJanuary 28, 2022
Law360 has recognized S&C as a Tax Practice Group of the Year for 2021. S&C’s Tax Group has earned a global reputation for innovative tax planning and the successful resolution of important tax controversies—advising corporations and individuals on critical and sensitive tax issues in the United States, France and the United Kingdom. S&C prides itself on developing practical solutions to tax problems that meet the real constraints under which clients operate.
Our recent tax achievements highlighted by Law360 include:
- Guiding AT&T in a Reverse Morris Trust to merge WarnerMedia with Discovery
- Advising AT&T on tax planning in its joint venture with TPG Capital establishing DirecTV
- Advising Anheuser-Busch on tax issues in the sale of its stake in container production plants to Apollo Global Management
- Advising Canadian Pacific on tax issues for its successful acquisition of Kansas City Southern—including structuring the transaction as a forward subsidiary merger to qualify as a reorganization for U.S. federal income tax purposes
- Advising Garrett Motion on tax issues in one of the most innovative Chapter 11 restructurings of the year
Recent Thought Leadership
- Critical Insights Podcast: Davis Wang, co-head of the S&C’s Tax Group, discusses proposed tax changes under the Build Back Better Act with Sarah Payne, Matt Goodman and Bachir Karam.
- Memo: Democratic House Lawmakers Release Revised Tax Proposal
- Memo: New International Agreement on Pillars 1 and 2