Bob Buckholz joined Sullivan & Cromwell in 1980 and was a partner from 1987 through 2021. He is currently a member of the Firm’s Capital Markets Group. Mr. Buckholz has handled a wide range of public and private debt and equity financings for U.S. and non-U.S. issuers and their underwriters, including initial public offerings, privatizations and investment grade, hybrid and high-yield financings. He also has extensive experience advising on equity derivatives matters, both in the capital markets and in over-the-counter contexts, and regularly advises on disclosure, financing, corporate governance and other general matters for a wide variety of corporate, financial institution and utility clients.
Professional Activities and Community Involvement
- Chair, Federal Regulation of Securities Committee, American Bar Association (2018- )
- Chair, Subcommittee on Securities Law Opinions of the Federal Regulation of Securities Committee, American Bar Association (2012-2015)
- Chair, Securities Regulation Committee, New York City Bar Association (2009-2012)
- Member, Securities Regulation Committee, New York State Bar Association
- Chairman of the Board, Theatre for a New Audience