Umberto Hassan is an associate in Sullivan & Cromwell’s general practice group. Umberto has experience in a broad range of practice areas including capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and leveraged finance and restructuring. Umberto represents clients across a range of industries, including consumer & retail, energy, automotive and financial services. He is U.S.-qualified and joined the firm in July 2016 after having worked in the corporate department of another preeminent international firm in their New York and Milan offices.
Umberto’s recent experience includes advising:
- Coca-Cola HBC AG in connection with its wholly owned subsidiary Coca-Cola HBC Holdings BV’s agreement to acquire approximately 94.7% of Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Egypt S.A.E. from its major shareholders, a wholly owned affiliate of The Coca-Cola Company and MAC Beverages Limited and certain of its affiliates for an agreed combined purchase price of US$427 million
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. in its combination with Peugeot S.A. to create Stellantis
- EssilorLuxottica S.A. in its definitive agreement to acquire 76.72% interest in GrandVision N.V. from HAL Optical Investments B.V. for €5.5 billion
- BP plc in its agreement with Bridas Corporation to form a new integrated energy company, Pan American Energy Group, by combining their interests in the oil and gas producer Pan American Energy and the refiner and marketer Axion Energy in a cash-free transaction
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. and Magneti Marelli S.p.A on the €6.2 billion sale of Magneti Marelli to Calsonic Kansei
- Barclays PLC in its SEC registered offerings of senior, subordinated (Tier2) and Additional Tier 1 bonds