Ted Edelman is a member of the Firm’s Litigation Group and divides his time between the Firm’s offices in New York and London. Ted’s expansive practice includes representations of both U.S. and non-U.S. corporate clients on a wide variety of litigation matters relating to antitrust, commercial contracts, commercial banking, corporations and securities, insurance and annuities, intellectual property and mergers and acquisitions. He has substantial experience in representing companies, including those headquartered outside the United States, in matters relating to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and similar legislation in other jurisdictions. He regularly advises clients regarding compliance and due diligence issues relating to the FCPA, including in connection with merger-and-acquisition transactions. He has also represented clients in criminal and regulatory investigations and enforcement actions by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, New York Stock Exchange, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, U.S. Federal Trade Commission, U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Commission of the European Communities, offices of the Attorney General of various states of the United States and regulators in various other jurisdictions.
Ted served as vice chairman of the International Litigation Committee of the ABA Section of International Law from 2008 to 2010 and as co-chair of that committee from 2010 to 2012.
- Co-Editor of ABA Section of International Law’s International Litigation Strategies and Practice (2nd edition)
- Lawdragon 500: Global Litigation Lawyers (2021)
- BTI Client Service All-Star (2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- New York Super Lawyers (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- The Legal 500 United States (2016, 2017, 2018)
- The Legal 500 United Kingdom (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)