Tech in FocusOctober 4, 2022
Technology companies stand at an inflection point, where a groundswell for change from Washington and other corners could fundamentally alter their business models. To help our technology clients better understand their legal landscape, we have prepared a series of thought leadership and insights on the most pressing issues affecting the tech industry.
Webinar: Preparing for the Approach: Shareholder Activism Updates for Tech Companies
Technology companies have become prime targets for activist investors, yet many companies and their boards are not fully prepared to address the evolving tactics of activist investors. In “Preparing for the Approach: Shareholder Activism Updates for Tech Companies,” S&C partners John Savva, Melissa Sawyer and Sarah Payne, joined by Kelly Sullivan from Joele Frank and Scott Winter from Innisfree, analyze significant trends and developments in shareholder activism impacting the technology sector. Topics include the continuing rise in environmental and social/political proposals and best practices for management and board members dealing with activist investors.
Related Corporate Governance Content
- Podcast: S&C Critical Insights – Preparing Companies for Universal Proxies
- Publication: 2022 Proxy Season Review
- Publication: 2021 U.S. Shareholder Activism Review
- Article: Senior M&A Partner Frank Aquila Authors ‘ESG-Driven Divestments’ for Practical Law
- Podcast: S&C Critical Insights – 2021 U.S. Shareholder Activism in Review and a Look Ahead
Related Content for Technology Companies
- S&C Critical Insights Podcast – Episode 2: Implications of SEC’s Proposed Climate-Related Disclosure Rules
- S&C Critical Insights Podcast – Non-GAAP Financial Measures
- S&C Critical Insights Podcast – Developments Affecting 10b5-1 Trading Plans
- S&C Critical Insights Podcast: Proposed Tax Changes under the Build Back Better Act and the Potential Impact on Tech and Silicon Valley
- S&C Critical Insights Podcast: Sarah Payne and John Savva on Managing Cheap Stock in an Initial Public Offering
- S&C Critical Insights Podcast: Sarah Payne and John Savva on Refreshing the Director Onboarding Process
Subscribe to receive relevant publications on Corporate Governance and other pressing topics for technology companies.
S&C’s Corporate Governance Practice
Sullivan & Cromwell’s Corporate Governance practice offers clients a deep understanding of corporate governance requirements, practices and trends. In every area of corporate governance—from normal disclosures and policy matters to extraordinary activist campaigns—we offer market-leading expertise honed from decades of experience.
S&C’s Palo Alto Office
Since Sullivan & Cromwell opened its Palo Alto office in 2000, we have integrated our leading worldwide practices in M&A, Antitrust, Intellectual Property, Capital Markets, Litigation, Corporate Governance, Tax, Fintech, Cybersecurity and Criminal Defense & Investigations into our work for clients here. Across decades we have advised on some of the most prominent transactions and litigation in the worlds of Technology, Media and Telecommunications.