S&C’s Global M&A Financial Advisory Practice Continues Strong Performance in Q2 of 2021July 23, 2021
S&C's M&A Financial Advisory Practice has continued its strong performance as counsel to financial advisers in global M&A transactions, advising on deals totaling $89 billion in this year's first half. S&C was the top-ranked counsel to financial advisers in global M&A transactions for 2020 and advised on deals totaling $264 billion, a 30 percent market share. Since 2016, S&C has advised financial advisers on more than 275 M&A transactions totaling nearly $1.2 trillion in deal value.
The Firm advised Bank of America and BofA Securities, BMO Capital Markets, Evercore, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan Securities, Lazard, Morgan Stanley and Rothschild in their capacity as financial advisers in, among others, the following M&A matters during the second quarter of 2021:
- Grab Holdings in its $39.6 billion pending business combination with Altimeter Growth, a SPAC, which will result in Grab Holdings going public in the U.S., in what is expected to be the largest-ever U.S. equity offering by a Southeast Asian company, and the $4 billion PIPE in connection with the merger
- Atlantia in its pending €9 billion ($11.4 billion) sale of its entire stake in Autostrade per L'Italia to a consortium consisting of CDP Equity, The Blackstone Group International Partners and Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund 6 SCSp
- Webster Financial in its $10.3 billion pending merger of equals with Sterling Bancorp
- Brookfield Property Partners's special committee in connection with Brookfield Asset Management's $6.5 billion pending acquisition of the limited partnership units of BPY
- eBay in its $3.8 billion pending sale of its businesses in Korea to Emart
- Austerlitz Acquisition Corporation I in its pending combination with Wynn Interactive, a subsidiary of Wynn Resort, to create an independent public company with an enterprise value of approximately $3.2 billion
- Domtar in its approximately $3 billion pending combination with Paper Excellence
- Performance Food Group in its $2.5 billion pending acquisition of Core-Mark Holding Company
- E2open Parent Holdings in its approximately $1.7 billion acquisition of BluJay Solutions
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company in its $1.45 billion pending acquisition of AR Packaging Group AB from CVC Capital Partners Fund VI
S&C partners involved in M&A financial adviser matters in the second quarter of 2021 include Stephen Kotran, Mitch Eitel, Stephen Salley, Keith Pagnani, Alison Ressler, and Melissa Sawyer.