S&C Ranked as Top 10 International Firm for Hong Kong IPOs by China Business Law JournalAugust 17, 2022
S&C is ranked as a Top 10 international firm for IPOs on the Hong Kong Exchange in China Business Law Journal’s “Capital Markets” annual report 2022. The rankings are based on the top 30 HKEX deals by value.
In the past year, S&C has advised on some of the landmark IPO transactions in Hong Kong and mainland China as Hong Kong and U.S. legal counsel, including:
- China Mobile’s historic $8.2 billion IPO of A shares and listing on the Main Board of the Shanghai Stock Exchange—making China Mobile the first Hong Kong-incorporated, Hong Kong-listed company to have its shares listed on a stock exchange in mainland China. This was the largest main board IPO in mainland China in 10 years and the largest in telecommunications globally in 20 years;
- XPeng’s $2.064 billion global offering and dual-primary listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. This is the first ever dual-primary listing of a company that adopted a weighted voting rights structure on the HKSE and the first IPO of smart electric vehicle on HKEX;
- Beijing Airdoc Technology’s $215 million initial public offering of H shares and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, the first “AI medical stock” listed in Hong Kong;
- JOINN Laboratories’ $839 million initial public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, one of the largest H share initial public offerings by an A-share listed company in recent years; and
- New Horizon Health’s $302 million initial public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The Hong Kong public offering was oversubscribed by 4,135 times, making New Horizon Health the second most oversubscribed stock in the history of Hong Kong IPOs.