Sullivan & Cromwell Recognized as Best Project Finance Practice by Law360February 3, 2020 READ MORE
Sullivan & Cromwell has been recognized as one of Law360’s “Project Finance Practice Groups of the Year” for 2019. The annual awards recognize top law firms for their work on deals or litigation that are notable for their size, complexity or significance.
Law360 observed that S&C’s Project Development & Finance Group is able to “adapt to serve [clients] over the long term” thanks to the Firm’s generalist approach to the practice of law. Refining the point, Inosi Nyatta, co-head of the Firm’s global Project Development & Finance practice, noted that “in many cases we have had projects we have worked on for over 20 years where we have been able to be the institutional knowledge for our clients.”
S&C’s Project Development & Finance Group focuses on advising sponsors on highly transformative or precedent-setting energy, natural resources and infrastructure projects. The group counsels clients on the full spectrum of development and financing matters, often advising on a project through its entire lifecycle, from planning and structuring phases to financial close and beyond.
2019 highlights of the Project Development & Finance Group include:
- We advised on the first large greenfield mining project in Latin America since 2014
- Building on a decade-long relationship, we helped Australia Pacific LNG refinance its existing project debt
- We counseled a consortium led by China Three Gorges on the $1.39 billion acquisition of a hydroelectric power plant in Peru
- Multiple S&C-guided projects have received awards from IJGlobal and Project Finance International, publications which recognize excellence in energy and infrastructure transactions
- Practice co-head Inosi Nyatta was named a “Dealmaker of the Year” by The American Lawyer for her work on the $6.1 billion Corpus Christi liquefaction project