Sullivan & Cromwell Recognized as Best M&A Practice by Law360January 28, 2020 READ MORE
For the third consecutive year and the sixth time since the initiation of the annual awards, Sullivan & Cromwell has been recognized as one of Law360’s M&A Practice Groups of the Year for 2019. The annual awards recognize law firms for their work on deals or litigation that are notable for their size, complexity or significance.
A global M&A leader, S&C has had an outsize influence on multiple industries. For decades we’ve represented every type of deal participant—buyers, sellers, special committees of independent directors and financial advisers—in an array of headline-making domestic and global transactions. S&C advised on mergers and acquisitions valued at a collective $516 billion in 2019, according to Bloomberg. And we were once again the leading firm in cross-border M&A deals, according to Refintiv.
In Law360’s profile on the practice, Melissa Sawyer noted, "We punch way above our weight if you look at our sheer numbers and the number of deals that we get done."
2019 highlights for the Mergers & Acquisitions Group include:
- We advised on the five largest banking M&A deals of the year
- We represented Tiffany & Co. in the largest-ever acquisition in the luxury goods sector
- A multi-disciplinary S&C team helped Praxair complete a merger to create the largest worldwide industrial gas company
- We guided Harris Corporation through a $35 billion merger of equals that created a top 10 defense company globally
- S&C won “Energy & Industrials Deal of the Year” for our work advising a client in an unsolicited acquisition valued at over $6 billion.