Our clients benefit from a number of our practice's core strengths:
Driving financing process to secure favorable terms
Our team works closely with sponsors and borrowers to develop the financing structure and strategy, including reviewing financing alternatives and managing the financing process to obtain “certain funds” commitments from banks and other funding sources on favorable terms. We work closely with sponsors and borrowers to efficiently manage the financing process and help reduce financing-related costs.
S&C's extensive M&A experience allows us to provide the best possible advice, always guided by our clients' commercial objectives. Our lawyers' unparalleled experience in M&A includes working with financial sponsor deal technologies, such as equity and debt commitment letters and related conditionality and remedies, as well as reps and warranties insurance.
Deep commercial perspective
We recognize that a deep understanding of our clients' businesses and financing needs is critical to the success of private equity transactions. S&C's expertise across all debt and equity products for private equity transactions is unmatched.
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSS&C’s experience advising private equity sponsors is extensive and includes advising on the following selected transactions:
- Ares Management (U.S.) its $640 million acquisition financing for its strategic partnership with DuPage Medical Group.
- Ares Management (U.S.) and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (Canada) in $1 billion of debt financing for their acquisition of CPG International.
- Bumble Bee Foods (U.S.), a portfolio company of Lion Capital, in connection with its $850 million debt refinancing, involving obtaining a new $650 million senior secured term loan and amending and restating its existing $200 million ABL credit facility, Consumer Staples Deal of the Year by The M&A Advisor.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (Canada), OMERS Infrastructure Management (Canada) and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (Canada) on the $1.3 billion financing for their acquisition of Chicago Skyway toll road from Cintra and Macquarie.
- Castle Management (U.S.), a joint venture of Highgate Hotels (U.S.) and Trilantic Capital Partners (U.S.), in its debt recapitalization.
- FountainVest, Carlyle, CITIC Capital and China Everbright (China, U.S.) in the $1.5 billion secured loan facility for the $3.7 billion acquisition of Focus Media Holding Limited.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (Canada) its $610 million acquisition financing acquisition of PODS
- Rhône Capital LLC (U.S.) its €900 million bank financing and high-yield bond issue to finance its acquisition of Evonik Carbon.
- Rhône Capital LLC (U.S.) in its $365 million debt financing related to its definitive agreement and plan of merger to acquire Fogo de Chão, Inc.
- Rhône Capital LLC (U.S.) in $1 billion of multi-jurisdictional asset-based revolving and term loan facilities for its acquisition of CSM NV’s bakery business.
- Tinicum Capital (U.S.) in the debt financing for the acquisition of certain outdoor advertising/billboard assets from Clear Channel Outdoor.
- Versa Capital Management (U.S.) in the dividend recapitalization of its portfolio company Avenue Stores.