S. Neal McKnightPartner
Neal McKnight is a member of the Firm’s Corporate and Finance Group and co-head of the Firm’s Credit and Leveraged Finance practice.
Mr. McKnight advises financial institution, sponsor and corporate clients on a broad range of corporate financing transactions, including capital markets offerings, revolver and term loan facilities, receivables and asset-based facilities, and securitizations. He has particular expertise in acquisition financings. Mr. McKnight has also acted in a number of refinancing and recapitalization transactions in the bank and bond markets, as well as financings in distressed contexts.
Mr. McKnight’s securities experience includes debt and equity offerings (including high yield debt offerings) under Rule 144A and Regulation S, SEC-registered offerings, exchange offers, project and infrastructure bonds and structured financings. He has also acted in a number of M&A and joint venture transactions. Mr. McKnight’s clients have included Goldman Sachs, RBC, Barclays, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, Ares Capital, Rhône Capital and United Rentals.
Mr. McKnight was resident in the Firm’s London office for almost 10 years, returning to the New York office in 2008. He has extensive experience in cross-border and multi-jurisdictional financing and M&A transactions.
- The Legal 500 United States (2012-2015)
- IFLR1000 Leading Lawyer (2011-2015)
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSSelected Acquisition Financing Transactions
- Acted for financial sponsors in connection with the financings for bids or acquisition transactions for a number of entities, including PODs, Ranpak, Global Knowledge, Sport Chalet, CPG International, CSM Bakery Division and Seacube
- Acted for United Rentals in the $2.825 billion offering of secured and unsecured high yield notes and expansion of its $1.8 billion asset-based revolving credit facility to finance a portion of the purchase price for its acquisition of RSC Equipment Rental
- Acted for financial institutions in connection with financings for a number of acquisition transactions
- Acted for UIL in connection with $1.86 billion in debt financing commitments for its proposed acquisition of Philadelphia Gas Works
- Acted for Endo International in connection with $1.5 billion in debt financing commitments for its proposed acquisition of Auxilium Pharmaceuticals
- Represented InBev in a series of debt securities offerings with aggregate proceeds of $16.75 billion to refinance a portion of the acquisition debt incurred for the purchase of Anheuser-Busch
- Acted for Crescent Capital in a number of mezzanine finance transactions to fund acquisitions
- Acted for Alcatel-Lucent in a series of high yield notes offerings, a new revolving credit facility, and an amendment to its existing secured credit facility
- Acted for American Casino & Entertainment Properties LLC in a series of refinancing transactions
- Represented Canyon Capital Group in the financing of credit facilities for Bonten Media Group Inc. and Esteem Broadcasting LLC
- Acted for the initial purchasers and lenders in the $1.8 billion refinancing by Tervita Corporation of existing debt with the proceeds of new revolving and term loan facilities and secured high yield notes, and in a follow-on refinancing by Tervita
- Acted for kgb in connection with amend and extend and refinancing transactions for its revolver and term loan facilities
- Acted for the initial purchasers in the issuance by Sotheby’s of high yield notes
- Acted for the lenders in a refinancing and dividend recapitalization by Five Below
- Acted for a lender in connection with financing for the spin-off by Sara Lee of D.E. Master Blenders
- Represented United Rentals in the refinancing of its receivables securitization facility and in a number of high yield note issuances
- Acted for Fender Musical Instruments Corporation in amendment transactions for its revolver and term loan facilities
- Lead financing lawyer for Eastman Kodak for its $950 million debtor-in-possession facility, $830 million junior debtor-in-possession facilities and its exit financing facilities
- Acted for the lead senior lender for Emmis Communications during its restructuring
- Acted for Aquilex Corporation in relation to different matters relating to its restructuring
- Regularly advise lenders and investors regarding documentation and other issues relating to different distressed credits
- Acted on a number of natural resources and infrastructure financings for, among others, affiliates of BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil, KMG, Lukoil, Shell, Total and Transneft