Samuel E. SaundersAssociate
Sam has particular expertise on renewable energy transactions, hydrogen, sustainable finance and ESG-matters and has authored numerous articles on these topics.
Sam also helps coordinate the Firm’s London office pro bono practice, with a particular focus on international development, sustainability and human rights matters.
Prior to attending Stanford Law School, Sam obtained a B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. in civil and environmental engineering.
- The Adecco Group on its acquisition financing of a (majority) stake of Akka Technologies SE from the Ricci family and Compagnie Nationale à Portefeuille (CNP)
- Various clients on sustainable finance and ESG-related matters, including green and sustainability-linked bonds and loans, the Equator Principles, the IFC Performance Standards and other ESG-related standards
- The coordinating committee of bank creditors in the global restructuring of renewable energy sponsor Abengoa
- The sponsors of Rovuma LNG (Mozambique) on the proposed project financing of a $30B LNG liquefaction project
- The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in drafting and implementing an ECOWAS directive on gender assessments for energy projects (pro bono)
- SoftBank Group Corp on various secured forward and collar transactions monetizing positions in public companies using ISDA and GMSLA-based documentation