Lenny Traps is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation Group. He litigates a wide range of complex commercial matters, including securities, shareholder derivative, M&A, antitrust, contract, and product liability cases in federal and state court and in arbitration.
- Abiomed and its CEO and CFO in obtaining dismissal of all claims in a securities class action in the Southern District of New York and in related shareholder derivative litigation in multiple jurisdictions.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev and its current CEO and former executives in obtaining dismissal of all claims in a putative shareholder class action in the Southern District of New York alleging violations of U.S. federal securities laws regarding the company’s statements about its dividend plans and liquidity.
- AT&T in securing, at the pleading stage, the dismissals of securities class actions in New York Supreme Court and the Southern District of New York in connection with AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
- Barclays in repurchase litigation brought by an RMBS trustee.
- Citigroup and its directors in both securities litigation and shareholder derivative litigation related to oversight of internal controls and risk management.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in class-action litigation and litigation with regulators regarding diesel emissions allegations.
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. in various RMBS matters, including an action by the National Credit Union Association in the Southern District of New York.
- Nomura Holding America Inc. and its affiliates in litigations and investigations regarding RMBS sales practices.
- Silicon Valley Bank, TD Bank, and Zions Bank in numerous litigations related to Paycheck Protection Program lending, all of which were successfully dismissed.
- The Clearing House Association and American Bankers Association in submitting multiple amicus briefs regarding the “valid-when-made” doctrine and debt-purchasing industry.
- Volkswagen in obtaining the full dismissal of two antitrust suits brought by automotive parts supplier Prevent Group in the Eastern District of Michigan, and in obtaining a unanimous Sixth Circuit published opinion affirming the judgment.
- Wells Fargo in obtaining dismissal of every one of over 20 actions regarding Paycheck Protection Program liability and in securities fraud and shareholder derivative actions arising out of allegations regarding compliance with regulator consent orders.