Krystian Czerniecki is a partner in the Firm’s General Practice Group. He is based in the Frankfurt office and also has experience working in the Firm's Paris office. He is fluent in German and French.
Mr. Czerniecki’s practice is focused on capital markets transactions by non-U.S. issuers, including IPOs, rights offerings, and investment grade, hybrid and high-yield debt offerings (both SEC registered and unregistered).
Mr. Czerniecki also advises on mergers and acquisitions, including cross border tender offers and going private transactions, as well as on joint ventures.
In addition to his transactional practice, Mr. Czerniecki regularly advises SEC registrants on U.S. securities and corporate governance requirements and investment banking clients on securities trading matters.
Mr. Czerniecki has been recognized as a leading lawyer by various key legal directories, including Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, IFLR1000, Legal 500 Deutschland and Who’s Who Legal.
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSIn Germany, Mr. Czerniecki’s recent experience includes advising OFFICEFIRST Immobilien (abandoned), Schaeffler, Sixt Leasing and Rocket Internet on their IPOs and the underwriters on the IPOs of innogy, Covestro, Scout24, Windeln.de, Tele Columbus and Zalando. Selected other German experience includes advising:
- Bayer on its €4 billion mandatory convertible bond offering in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Monsanto and on its Rule 144A placement of notes with an aggregate principal amount of $7 billion
- Daimler, KfW, Rentenbank and FMS Wertmanagement on numerous Rule 144A and SEC-registered debt offerings
- Deutsche Annington (Vonovia) on its €575 million IPO, its $10.7 billion public takeover of GAGFAH SA and its €2.25 billion rights offering
- The underwriters on a €3.5 billion placing of notes and a Rule 144A bond offering by Deutsch Telekom
- Deutsche Wohnen on its €3.6 billion public takeover of GSW Immobilien
- Evonik on its €2 billion IPO
- The underwriters on IPOs and rights offerings by IVG Immobilien, Q-Cells, Draeger, Deutsche Wohnen, Deutsche Postbank, Tognum, Merck and Symrise
- Novaled on its SEC-registered IPO (withdrawn) and trade sale
- Oaktree on the sale of its 61% stake in Deutsche Office to Alstria followed by a takeover offer by Alstria to the remaining outstanding shareholders of Deutsche Office
- ProSiebenSat.1 on its €51.5 million ABO and on its Frankfurt and Luxembourg listings and capital increase
- TLG Immobilien on its IPO
- American Express on its joint venture with vente-privee.com
- AXA on its €2 billion rights offering
- The underwriters to CFAO on its €926 million initial public offering
- EDF on multiple Rule 144A offerings of senior notes and hybrid securities (2009-2015)
- Eurazeo on its sales of shares in Moncler
- Hellman & Friedman on the sale of its remaining interest in GTT
- TOTAL on multiple SEC-registered offerings of debt securities (2008-2017)