Justin R. Orr is an associate in the Firm’s Intellectual Property and Technology Group. His experience includes advising clients on intellectual property and technology matters in a wide range of areas, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and licensing arrangements, and in various industries, including consumer brands, pharmaceuticals, semiconductors, software and telecommunications.
- Adient in the restructuring of certain of its joint venture relationships, including the sale, licensing and licensing back of patents and other IP
- Amgen in various transactions, including its $13.4 billion pending acquisition of worldwide rights to Otezla (apremilast) from Celgene Corporation in connection with Celgene’s previously announced merger with Bristol-Myers Squibb
- American Express in various transactions, including its acquisition of the digital payment automation platform ACOM Solutions, Inc.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev in its definitive agreement with Starbucks to produce, bottle, distribute and market the first Teavana Ready-to-Drink tea in the United States
- Intel in its ongoing patent sales program and various other transactions, including in connection with Apple’s acquisition of Intel’s smartphone modem business