Jessica R. EckerAssociate
Jessica maintains an active pro bono practice that has included securing compassionate release from prison for a criminal defendant pursuant to the First Step Act, successfully defending a criminal conviction on behalf of the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office before the New York Appellate Division, Second Department, and representing indigent defendants pursuant to the Criminal Justice Act.
- Columbia University as trial counsel for patent infringement and misappropriation case in Eastern District of Virginia scheduled for jury trial in early 2022.
- Dolby in reaching a favorable settlement of a licensing dispute.
- Silicon Valley Bank, TD Bank, and Zions Bank in numerous litigations related to Paycheck Protection Program lending, all of which were successfully dismissed.
- A U.S. subsidiary of a global high-tech construction company in connection with an investigation by the DOJ Antitrust criminal section related to allegations of kickbacks and bid-rigging in connection with a U.S. construction project.
- Company in SEC investigation for failing to disclose in SEC Form 12b-25 filings that its request for seeking delayed quarterly reporting was caused by an anticipated correction of prior financial reporting.