Wendy M. GoldbergSpecial Counsel
Wendy Goldberg is a member of the Firm’s Financial Institutions Group where she represents U.S. and non-U.S. commercial banks, investment banks and insurance companies. Her practice encompasses advising on regulatory and enforcement issues, capital markets transactions and corporate governance matters. She also regulatory handles applications to state and federal banking agencies for U.S. and non-U.S. banks, as well as securities offerings.
Ms. Goldberg regularly works with clients to assess and manage the collateral consequences, both legal and business, of criminal and regulatory enforcement matters. She has significant experience with settlement compliance matters, including the implementation of monitoring programs.
Ms. Goldberg is an adjunct professor of law at George Washington University Law School and a member of the board of directors of the University of Delaware Hillel.
- Working with a foreign bank on the remediation obligations program of a sanctions-related criminal guilty plea and related bank regulatory orders.
- Working with several financial institutions to develop a sanctions program as required by bank regulatory orders.
- Working with multiple clients with respect to onboarding and ongoing work with a DOJ or bank regulator-appointed monitor.
- Working with a large US financial institution on an independent management review, including reporting obligations and developing a remediation program to address findings of the review.
- Regular work with domestic and foreign financial institutions developing and updating policies and procedures in all areas of compliance.
- Regular work with clients and their consultants to address settlement-related matters.