Tim Weinstein is a member of the Firm’s Litigation Group and Criminal Defense and Investigations Group. His practice focuses on regulatory and enforcement proceedings and complex civil litigation.
- Goldman Sachs in reaching coordinated resolutions in multiple criminal and regulatory investigations in jurisdictions around the world relating to an alleged multi-billion dollar money laundering and corruption scheme involving the Malaysia sovereign development company, 1MDB, and senior public officials in Malaysia and the United Arab Emirates, including a deferred prosecution agreement with the DOJ and resolutions with the government of Malaysia, the SEC, Federal Reserve, New York DFS, and regulators in the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Standard Chartered Bank in a 2019 deferred prosecution agreement with the DOJ and the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office and regulatory settlements with the New York State Department of Financial Services, the Federal Reserve and OFAC, all related to OFAC sanctions and anti-money laundering compliance.
- Lead counsel to The Bank of Nova Scotia, and Court appointed Liaison Counsel on behalf of all defendants, in twenty-six class actions consolidated in the Southern District of New York, alleging claims under the Commodity Exchange Act and the Sherman Antitrust Act for purported manipulation of gold and gold derivatives prices.
- Lead counsel to The Bank of Nova Scotia in six class actions consolidated in the Southern District of New York, alleging claims under the Commodity Exchange Act and the Sherman Antitrust Act for purported manipulation of silver and silver derivatives prices.
- Volkswagen in obtaining the full dismissal of two antitrust suits brought by automotive parts supplier Prevent Group in the Eastern District of Michigan, and in obtaining a unanimous Sixth Circuit published opinion affirming the judgment.