Samantha Hynes is an associate in the Firm’s Litigation Group. Her practice focuses on antitrust matters, including civil litigation and merger reviews at the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission. The clients she has represented span a variety of industries, such as airlines, automobiles, financial services, food and grocery, industrial gases, oil and gas exploration and production, paper and print services, and pharmaceuticals.
- Praxair in its $80 billion merger with Linde
- Amazon in its $13.4 billion acquisition of Whole Foods
- Kraft Foods in its $60 billion merger with H.J. Heinz
- Andeavor in its $35.6 billion sale to Marathon Petroleum
- Tesoro in its $6.4 billion acquisition of Western Refining
- International Airlines Group in its €1.4 billion acquisition of Aer Lingus
- NewPage in its $1.4 billion sale to Verso
- Valeant in its $475 million acquisition of PreCision Dermatology
- Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche in defending against multidistrict antitrust litigation alleging that defendants conspired to unlawfully increase the prices of German luxury vehicles by agreeing to share commercially sensitive information and to reach unlawful agreements regarding technology, costs, and suppliers.