Lars RueveEuropean Counsel
Mr. Rueve studied law at the Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster, Germany, continued his legal studies at the University of Virginia School of Law, Virginia, USA, graduating as LL.M., and earned his Dr. jur. degree from the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Muenchen, Germany.
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSRecent Capital Markets transactions
From 2018 to 2020, Dr. Rueve has advised:
- Activum on its €390 million private placement of Instone Real Estate shares
- Bayer on its €6 billion rights issue and its €3 billion issue of new shares to Temasek in connection with the refinancing of the Monsanto acquisition
- Delivery Hero on its €571 million issue of new shares and its €1.75 billion and €1.5 billion convertible bond offerings
- Dermapharm on its €377 million IPO and listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- Underwriters on DWS Group’s €1.4 billion IPO and listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- HelloFresh on its €175 million convertible bond offering
- home24 on its €600 million IPO and listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- Hypo Real Estate on its €287 million private placement of Deutsche Pfandbriefbank shares
- Instone on its €428 million IPO-dual track transaction
- Rocket Internet on its €324 million public share purchase offer alongside United Internet’s public share purchase offer
- Underwriters on Siemens Healthineers’ €4.2 billion IPO and listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- TLG IMMOBILIEN on its €222 million issue of new shares
- Westwing on its €520 million IPO and listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
Further key Capital Markets transactions
Over the past 10 years, Dr. Rueve has worked on many high-profile transactions, including:
- IPOs/listings of: Covestro; Delivery Hero; Deutsche Annington/Vonovia; Deutsche Pfandbriefbank; Evonik Industries; HelloFresh; innogy; OFFICEFIRST Immobilien; Rocket Internet; Sixt Leasing; Tele Columbus; TLG IMMOBILIEN; windeln.de and Zalando.
- Rights issues of: Commerzbank; Draegerwerk; IVG Immobilien; Porsche Automobil Holding; Schaeffler and Tele Columbus.
- Primary placements of: Deutsche Annington/Vonovia; Deutsche Wohnen; PAION; ProSiebenSat.1 and TLG IMMOBILIEN.
- Secondary placements for: Goldman Sachs and KKR of their KION shares; Oaktree of its alstria REIT shares; pre-IPO shareholders of their Zalando shares; Siemens of its Osram shares; several bookrunners in placements of secondary shares of Delivery Hero and Scout24.
- Cornerstone investments in: Rocket Internet and Zalando in connection with their IPOs.
- Share buy-back programs and public share purchase offers of several issuers.
Recent M&A transactions
From 2018 to 2020, Dr. Rueve has represented:
- Owners of BEOS on their sale of the company to Swiss Life
- Delivery Hero in its $4 billion agreement to acquire Woowa Brothers
- Merck on its $6.5 billion acquisition of Versum Materials
- United Rentals in its $715 million acquisition of BakerCorp International
Further key M&A transactions
In addition, over the past 10 years Dr. Rueve has advised:
- CPPIB on its abandoned bid for Hochtief Airports
- Drillisch on its €8 billion business combination with United Internet
- Hospira on its sale of Wasserburger Arzneimittelwerke to Recipharm
- HSE Entsorgung on the sale of its water business to Skion
- Lone Star in connection with its tender offer for ISARIA Wohnbau
- Rhône Capital on its sale of CSM Bakery’s fats business to AAK Belgium
- Rio Tinto on the sale of its German Alcan subsidiaries to Amcor
- Shareholders on their sale of Novaled to Samsung Industries