Ronald E. Creamer Jr.Partner
Ron Creamer is the head of Sullivan & Cromwell’s Tax Group and also leads that group’s M&A practice.
Mr. Creamer is a seasoned practitioner in all types of acquisitions and dispositions, particularly cross-border transactions. He is noted for his calm, business-oriented approach and his ability to achieve consensus in complex negotiations. In addition to his M&A practice, Ron regularly advises clients on the execution and IRS review of tax-efficient financing techniques and capital markets strategies.Rankings and Recognitions
Mr. Creamer has been recognized as a leading tax lawyer in:
- Chambers Global
- Chambers USA
- The Legal 500 United States
- Advance/Newhouse Partnership in the $80 billion three-way combination among its subsidiary Bright House Networks, LLC, Charter Communications, Inc. and Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV on its acquisition of SABMiller, the third largest acquisition in history with a value of over $100 billion
- Axel Springer SE (AS) in its $450 million acquisition of Business Insider
- Bayer AG in its pending $57 billion acquisition of Monsanto Company
- Cablevision Systems Corporation in its $10 billion acquisition by Altice N.V.
- Columbia Pipeline Group, Inc. in its sale to TransCanada Corporation in a transaction valued at approximately $13 billion
- Diebold, Inc. in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Wincor Nixdorf Aktiengesellschaft
- Enbridge Inc. in its pending merger with Spectra Energy Corp in an all-stock deal valued at $28 billion
- RR Donnelley & Sons Company in its creation of three independent, publicly traded companies: one business focused on financial communications and data services (Donnelley Financial Solutions); one business focused on publishing and retail-centric print services (LSC Communications); and one business focused on customized multichannel communications management (RR Donnelley)
- Stemcentrx on its acquisition by AbbVie Inc. for approximately $10 billion, the largest transaction value ever paid for a private biotechnology company