Ronald E. Creamer Jr.Partner
Ron Creamer is the head of Sullivan & Cromwell’s Tax Group and also leads that group’s M&A practice. He is a seasoned practitioner in all types of acquisitions and dispositions, particularly cross-border transactions. He is noted for his calm, business-oriented approach and his ability to achieve consensus in complex negotiations. In addition to his M&A practice, Ron regularly advises clients on the execution and IRS review of tax-efficient financing techniques and capital markets strategies. Mr. Creamer has been recognized as a leading tax lawyer by Chambers Global, Chambers USA, Law360, Legal 500 USA and Legal 500 UK.
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSMr. Creamer’s recent work has included representations of:
- Advance/Newhouse Partnership in the $80 billion three-way combination among its subsidiary Bright House Networks, LLC , Charter Communications, Inc. and Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Andeavor (U.S.) in the merger of Andeavor Logistics (U.S.) and Western Refining Logistics (U.S.) for $1.8 billion; the repositioning of Andeavor Logistics through an IDR buy-in valued at $4 billion; and the $23.3 billion merger with Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV on its acquisition of SABMiller, the third-largest acquisition in history, with a value of over $100 billion
- Bayer AG in its $66 billion acquisition of Monsanto Company
- Columbia Pipeline Group, Inc. in its sale to TransCanada Corporation in a transaction valued at $13 billion
- Diageo in its acquisition of Casamigos Tequila from founders George Clooney, Rande Gerber and Mike Meldman for consideration of up to $1 billion
- Enbridge Inc. in its merger with Spectra Energy Corp in an all –stock deal valued at $28 billion
- Kite Pharma on tax aspects of its $11.9 billion acquisition by Gilead Sciences
- RR Donnelley & Sons Company in its creation of three independent, publicly traded companies: Donnelley Financial Solutions; LSC Communications; and RR Donnelley
- Scottrade Financial Services, Inc. (U.S.), parent of Scottrade, Inc. (U.S.) and Scottrade Bank (U.S.), in its acquisition by TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (U.S.) and The Toronto-Dominion Bank (Canada), for $4 billion in cash and TD Ameritrade common stock
- Stemcentrx on its acquisition by AbbVie Inc. for approximately $10 billion, the largest transaction value ever paid for a private biotechnology company
- VeriFone Systems, Inc. on its Agreement and Plan of Merger with Vertex Holdco LLC and Vertex Merger Sub LLC