Robert W. Reeder IIIPartner
Robert W. Reeder is co-head of Sullivan & Cromwell’s Corporate Group and is also a member of the Firm’s Commodities and Derivatives, Broker/Dealer and Executive Compensation Groups.
Professional Activities and Community Involvement
- Head of the Firm’s Pro Bono Committee
- Trustee, The Teak Fellowship
- Trustee, Old Sturbridge Village
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSMr. Reeder has experience in a wide array of general corporate and securities matters, including:
- Acting as company counsel to The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., American International Group, Inc. and Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Providing advice to financial service companies, including Goldman, Sachs & Co., Barclays Capital Markets, Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., and UBS Securities LLC
- Working on initial public offerings, including for The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
- Working on unique and complex securities offerings, including the first-ever SEC-registered convertible MIPs offering and the first-ever registered offering to consumers, the initial public offering for The Boston Beer Company
- Acting as designated underwriters’ counsel for Corning Incorporated, and Forest City Enterprises, Inc.
- Establishing three AAA-rated structured, derivative products companies: Goldman Sachs Mitsui Marine Derivative Products, L.P.; GS Financial Products U.S., L.P., the only derivatives product company to register with the Securities and Exchange Commission; and GS Financial Products International, L.P.