Rita M. CarrierPractice Area Associate
Professional Activities and Community Involvement:
- The Battery Conservancy, on a pro bono basis, in connection with trademark and copyright issues related to the construction of the SeaGlass Carousel.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev in connection with its subsidiary Ambev S.A.’s $350 million acquisition of a range of ready-to-drink, cider and craft beer brands for the Canadian market from the Mark Anthony Group of Companies and in its $20.1 billion acquisition of the remaining stake it did not already own in Grupo Modelo and in the related sales of Compañía Cervecera de Coahuila for $2.9 billion, and a 50% interest in Crown Imports for $1.85 billion, to Constellation Brands as part of its divestiture of U.S. trademark and other rights in Modelo brands including “Corona.”
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in various IP matters related to its financings since 2009.
- Highgate Hotels L.P. in its partnership with Trilantic Capital Partners, through which Trilantic North America has acquired a minority interest in Highgate.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in its acquisition of PODS.
- Rhone Capital LLC in its $1.3 billion acquisition and rebranding of Evonik Carbon Black and other subsidiaries of Degussa GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Evonik Industries AG .
- Veritas Capital in connection with its $1.25 billion acquisition and rebranding of the healthcare business of Thomson Reuters.
- Ziff Davis in its asset purchase agreement for Gawker Media Group’s media properties Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Kotaku, Jalopnik, Deadspin, Jezebel and Gawker.