Rita O’Neill is a partner in the General Practice Group and serves as co-head of the Global Private Equity Group. She has a broad-based practice that includes advising clients on mergers and acquisitions and securities offerings, and providing general corporate advice on disclosure and governance. She has advised clients in a wide range of industries, including apparel, financial institutions, healthcare and life sciences, semiconductors, telecommunications and transportation.
Rankings and Recognitions
- Named among the Los Angeles Business Journal’s 2019 Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors
- Named Rising Star – Corporate at Euromoney’s Americas Women in Business Law Awards
- Named among the Daily Journal’s Top Women Lawyers
- Named among Profiles in Diversity Journal’s Women Worth Watching
- Recognized as a Rising Star by IFLR1000
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States for Private Equity Buyouts
- Recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the "Women Making a Difference" in Los Angeles
Professional Activities and Community Involvement
- Member of S&C’s Women’s Initiative Committee and Co-Chair of the ABA’s Women in M&A Subcommittee
- Co-chair of the ABA’s Acquisition of Public Companies Subcommittee and Former Chair of its M&A Market Trends Subcommittee and its Deal Points Study on Carveout Transactions
- Active provider of pro bono legal services with a particular focus on education, foster youth and animal rights
- A fund managed by the Private Equity Group of Ares Management, in its $1.45 billion strategic partnership with DuPage Medical Group and in its acquisition of a significant stake in American Tire Distributors, Inc.
- A fund managed by the Private Equity Group of Ares Management, as a member of a consortium co-led by Ares and Leonard Green & Partners, in the acquisition of Press Ganey
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisition of PODS and in its acquisition of SeaCube Container Leasing Ltd, and representation of PODS and SeaCube in ongoing corporate advice
- Ares Management LLC and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in their acquisition of CPG International Inc. (d/b/a The AZEK Company) by their affiliated funds and The AZEK Company in its acquisition of Versatex, its acquisition of UltraLox and in ongoing corporate advice
- Ares Management, L.P. and Ascribe Capital as unsecured creditors in Boart Longyear Limited’s restructuring
- Royal Philips in its acquisitions of the Healthcare Information Systems business of Carestream Health Inc., Respiratory Technologies, The Spectranetics Corporation, Electrical Geodesics, Wellcentive and Volcano Corporation and in connection with its participation in a private placement by Corindus Vascular Robotics of its common stock
- CapGen Capital Group VI LP, a 22% holder of Xenith Bankshares, in connection with Xenith’s acquisition by Union Bankshares (pending)
- CapGen Capital Group III LP in connection with the sale of its 6,210,000 shares in Seacoast Banking Corporation of Florida, the parent company of Seacoast National Bank, as part of Seacoast Banking’s previously announced public offering of 8,912,500 shares of its common stock
- SPO Partners in the sale of its aggregates business, Aggregates USA LLC, to Vulcan Materials Company for $900 million in cash and its agreement with Liberty Media to invest a cumulative $1.55 billion in subscriptions for newly issued shares of Series C Liberty Media common stock in connection with Liberty’s acquisition of Formula 1
- Lion Capital LLP in its acquisition of a minority interest in Authentic Brands Group from certain of Authentic Brand’s existing shareholders
- MUFG Union Bank, N.A. in its acquisition of Intrepid Investment Bankers
- 1st Century Bancshares, Inc. in its acquisition by Midland Financial Co.
- FilmYard Holdings, parent company of MIRAMAX, in MIRAMAX’s acquisition by beIN MEDIA GROUP
- Tinicum Capital Partners II, L.P. in its sale of Enesco, LLC to Balmoral Funds
- Versa Capital Management, LLC in connection with the acquisition of Sport Chalet, Inc. by a portfolio company of Versa; Versa and Lubert-Adler in their acquisition of Central Parking; and Versa in the sale of Central Parking to Standard Parking
- Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its acquisition by Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- the underwriters in the initial public offering and follow-on offering of Oaktree Capital Management