Philip L. Graham Jr.Of Counsel
Philip Graham became a partner of the Firm in 1977 and Of Counsel in 2011. He is the former managing partner of the Litigation Group. His practice involves all aspects of commercial litigation, including trials, appeals and arbitrations, as well as counseling both corporate and individual clients. His practice areas include securities, environmental, antitrust, banking, trust and estates litigation, tax litigation and other commercial matters.
Approximately half of Mr. Graham’s practice has involved international litigation, including U.S. litigation involving foreign clients, coordination of parallel U.S. and foreign litigation for both U.S. and foreign clients, and a wide range of issues involving international jurisdiction issues, forum non conveniens, international discovery, transnational judgment enforcement, asset tracing and discovery and complex choice of law issues.
Mr. Graham has represented clients in major securities law and antitrust government investigations, as well as in class actions, derivative litigation and as counsel to special litigation committees.
Professional Activities and Community Involvement
- Former adviser for The American Law Institute’s project on Transnational Rules of Civil Procedure
- Former member of the Civil Justice Reform Act Committee for the Southern District of New York
- Member of Advisory Group on Immigration Reform (Katzmann Committee)
- Member of Board of Directors of 1158 Fifth Ave. Inc. co-op (New York)
Rankings and Recognitions
- PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook and its predecessor Global Counsel 3000 – recognized as a Leading Lawyer for Dispute Resolution (2001-2002, 2002-2003, 2003-2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)
- PLC Cross-border Dispute Resolution Handbook and its predecessor Global Counsel Dispute Resolution Handbook – recognized for Cross-border Dispute Resolution (2002, 2004, 2005, 2006-2007, 2007‑2008)
- New York Super Lawyers – recognized for Securities Litigation (2006, 2011, 2012)