Michelle A. VickersAssociate
Michelle Vickers is an associate in Sullivan & Cromwell’s General Practice Group in Hong Kong.Michelle’s practice focuses on multi-source project financing and development, with a broad range of experience in general financing and corporate matters including acquisition and leveraged financings, secured and unsecured bank lending transactions and restructurings.
Her experience also includes numerous cross-border and multi-jurisdictional M&A, joint venture and debt and equity capital markets transactions in which she has represented a variety of clients in a wide range of industries.
Michelle was previously resident in the Firm’s London office. She speaks fluent Korean.
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSProject Development and Finance, Acquisition Finance and Restructuring
- Rio Tinto and Oyu Tolgoi LLC in relation to the USD4.4 billion multi-source financing of the Oyu Tolgoi copper and gold mining project in Mongolia
- Kinross Gold Corporation in connection with the Tasiast gold mine in Mauritania
- Emirates Aluminium in relation to expansion financings for its aluminium smelter project in the UAE
- The project company and sponsors in relation to a multi-billion Euro project financing of a cross-border natural gas pipeline
- Australia Pacific LNG subsidiary Australia Pacific LNG Processing in connection with its Section 4(a)(2)/Regulation D private placement of $1.4 billion of senior notes used to prepay a portion of its project debt incurred in the financing of its LNG liquefaction project
- Huallaga Holding Company, a subsidiary of China Three Gorges Corp., Hubei Energy Group, ACE Investment Fund and CNIC Corporation Limited (Hong Kong), on an $850 million bridge loan to partially finance the acquisition of Empresa de Generación Huallaga from Odebrecht Energia del Perú and Odebrecht Energía
- A private family office in connection with its approx. USD$1bn margin loan financing
- CST Group in its very substantial acquisition of the mining assets of Grande Cache Coal LP and Grande Cache Coal Corporation and restructuring of the indebtedness of Grande Cache Coal LP
- SK Global Chemical Company (Korea) on its 50-50 joint venture with SABIC Industrial Investment Company for a total investment of $595 million
- Goldman Sachs in the sale of its investment in Geo-Young Corporation (Korea) to a sovereign wealth fund
- Fiera Capital Corporation in its acquisition of Clearwater Capital Partners, LLC
- Goldman Sachs on shareholder arrangements relating to the capital reorganisation of Northgate Information Solutions
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in connection with their proposed acquisition of 100% of SVG Capital’s investment portfolio
- Mecom Group on its acquisition by De Persgroep
- York Capital Management in connection with the subscription by Growthpoint Properties of an initial 26.9% stake in Globalworth Real Estate Investment Limited
- Apollo Management and CVC Capital Partners on the IPO of Brit Insurance
- Pershing Square Capital Management on its $2.7 billion IPO and Euronext listing
- JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley and Bank of America Merrill Lynch as joint bookrunners on Taiwan Cement Corporation’s $549 million offering of global depositary receipts under Rule 144A and Regulation S
- Want Want China Holdings Limited in its offering of $500 million 2.875% guaranteed bonds due 2022 through its finance subsidiary, Want Want China Finance Limited
- Coca-Cola Hellenic, Nomura and Corporación Andina de Fomento in relation to Euro medium-term debt
- Ally Bridge Group Capital Partners and the buyer consortium on their acquisition of WuXi PharmaTech (Cayman) Inc.