Mevelyn S. OngAssociate
Ms. Ong’s pro bono activity is similarly international in scope, and includes assisting individuals in their petitions for asylum and family reunification in the United States. She also sits on a number of international law and arbitration committees and boards, including NYIAC’s Program Committee, the New York City Bar’s Business & Human Rights Working Group and the International Law Committee.
- A North American mining company in an UNCITRAL/PCA investment arbitration arising from the seizure of a mine by a Central Asian state and its state-owned entity, and other actions taken contrary to multiple international investment agreements
- A major European telecommunications company in LCIA arbitrations and mediation against Middle Eastern and Central Asian telecommunication companies concerning post-merger disputes arising from a share sale transaction
- A multi-national electronics manufacturing company in AAA and UNCITRAL arbitrations concerning intellectual property contractual license disputes
- A multi-national company regarding the arbitrability of a dispute related to liability for EC fines to be administered under the ICC Rules, in defence of and as opposed to concurrent litigation in Asia
- A global bank in an ongoing regulatory investigation by the DOJ concerning compliance with U.S. anti-money laundering, sanctions and other applicable laws in the Middle East
- A global bank in an investigation by OFAC concerning compliance with U.S. sanctions law in Asia