Maya KrugmanSpecial Counsel
- Represents M&T Bank and various individuals in a putative class action in the Western District of New York alleging violations of ERISA through purportedly underperforming 401(k) investment options.
- Represents the directors of DISH Network in derivative litigation relating to alleged “do not call” violations.
- Conducted internal investigations of managers of a company accused of potential wrongdoing, and presented findings to client to assist client with employment determinations.
- Represented Kohl’s corporation and current executives in obtaining full dismissal of a putative securities class action brought in the Eastern District of Wisconsin concerning Kohl’s restatement of its financials. The dismissal was upheld on appeal.
- Represented JPMorgan Chase as creditor in the Global A&T Electronics Ltd. Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Represented Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC in numerous civil litigations relating to residential mortgage-backed securities cases in state and federal court, including Federal Housing Finance Agency v. Goldman Sachs, National Credit Union Administration v. Goldman Sachs, Texas County & District Retirement System v. Goldman Sachs, and Deutsche Zentral-Genossenschaftsbank AG v. Goldman Sachs.
- Represented a financial institution in an internal investigation relating to inadvertent disclosure of Confidential Supervisory Information.
Ms. Krugman clerked for the Honorable Dora L. Irizarry of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York from 2011 to 2012.
Pro Bono Work
Ms. Krugman’s pro bono work has included representation of a client in an action for enforcement of child support arrears, arguing a criminal appeal before the New York Appellate Division, Second Department as an Assistant District Attorney, and representation of an indigent defendant pursuant to the Criminal Justice Act.