Mark J. WelshimerPartner
Mark Welshimer is a senior member of the Firm’s Financial Services and Corporate Finance Groups, having for many years been the Deputy Managing Partner of the Financial Services Group. Mr. Welshimer’s practice focuses on capital markets activities, bank regulatory and securities law advice, and structured financings, with a particular focus on new products. In recent years, he has been deeply involved in advising both U.S. and non-U.S. clients with respect to bank regulatory reform and has represented The Clearing House Association in connection with many of its advocacy efforts, particularly relating to capital, liquidity and resolution matters. Over the years, Mr. Welshimer represented most of the nation’s largest financial institutions, or their underwriters, in capital-raising transactions and, during the recent period has been deeply involved in advising clients with respect to bank regulatory reform.
Mr. Welshimer has extensive experience representing financial institutions more generally in commercial transactions. He was one of the founding members of S&C’s securitization practice and represented issuers or underwriters in a number of “first-time” transactions, including the first public automobile loan securitization, the first public commercial real estate loan securitization, the first funded C&I loan securitization and the first public good bank/bad bank transaction. He has extensive experience representing financial institutions more generally in commercial transactions and regulatory matters.
Mr. Welshimer was recognized as a 2007 “Dealmaker of the Year” by The American Lawyer for his representation of major financial institutions in their capital-raising efforts. He has also been recognized as a leading lawyer in numerous other publications.
Rankings and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America (2007-2016)
- Chambers Global (2008-2015)
- Chambers USA (2007-2013)
- Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Banking Lawyers (2005, 2007, 2009)
- Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers – Best of the Best: Banking (2010)
- Guide to the World’s Leading Structured Finance Lawyers (2003, 2007)
- Guide to the World’s Leading Capital Markets Lawyers (2003)
- IFLR1000 (2008, 2011-2016)
- Who’s Who Legal: Banking (2005, 2006, 2009-2012)
- Who’s Who Legal: International (2002-2006)
- Who’s Who Legal: Securitisation (2001)
- Lawdragon 3000: Leading Lawyers in America (2009-2010)
- The Legal 500 United States (2007, 2009, 2011-2013)
- Super Lawyers: New York (2008-2013)