Mark A. PopovskySpecial Counsel
Mark Popovsky is a member of the Firm’s Litigation Group. He has collaborated with the Firm’s Tax Group to guide clients through administrative tax proceedings and, if necessary, litigation in U.S. Tax Court. Mr. Popovsky’s practice also focuses on antitrust law, representing clients in major financial antitrust litigations and also advising on antitrust matters related to contemplated business plans. These focuses are grounded in Mr. Popovsky’s experience as a generalist, handling tax, securities, commercial, intellectual property, FCPA and other litigations, at both the trial court and appellate levels, as well as large internal investigations.
- A Royal Bank of Canada subsidiary in a complex U.S. Tax Court litigation and coordinating with foreign counsel representing the client in related matters in other jurisdictions.
- Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. challenging millions of dollars of tax liability following a major transaction.
- Barclays in putative class actions and other coordinated actions in federal court brought by entities which purportedly traded financial instruments tied to LIBOR and other interest rate benchmarks.
- Barclays in multiple antitrust litigations concerning foreign exchange trading.
- Goldman Sachs in numerous court cases and FINRA arbitrations concerning auction rates securities.
- Regional and other banks on antitrust matters as they prepare for the anticipated cessation of LIBOR and manage the transition to other interest rate benchmarks.
- JPMorgan in securities and bankruptcy litigation related to a $1.8 billion term loan.
- Goldman Sachs in a putative ERISA class action challenging the Goldman Sachs 401(k) Plan’s offering of proprietary Goldman Sachs mutual funds.