Marina A. BezrukovaSpecial Counsel
From 2002 to 2007, Ms. Bezrukova assisted with revising the treatise International Estate Planning published by Matthew Bender & Co.
Ms. Bezrukova is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Rankings and Recognitions
New York Super Lawyers – recognized as a “Rising Star” in the area of Estate Planning & Probate (2014-2015)
- Advised a U.S. client in an IRS audit involving complex PFIC and foreign trust tax issues discussed in the highly publicized IRS Technical Advice Memorandum 200733024
- Advised a U.S. client on a multi-jurisdictional trust structure for philanthropic giving
- Advised a non-U.S. client on family business governance and the structuring of family business affairs
- Advised U.S. and non-U.S. clients on succession planning and trust reorganization to make trust structures suitable for U.S. beneficiaries
- Advised non-U.S. trustees on the domestication of multi-million dollar offshore trusts to the United States
- Advised a non-U.S. client on pre-immigration planning, including a restructuring of a complex multi-billion dollar privately held business
- Advised a non-U.S. client on a structure for a $45 million acquisition of a residence in New York
- Advised many U.S. and international charitable, educational and art institutions, including large corporate foundations, donor-advised funds and national museums, on tax, governance and compliance issues.