Marc-André O. CyrAssociate
Mr. Cyr also maintains an active pro bono practice, with a focus on immigration matters. His work includes the representation of clients seeking special immigrant juvenile status and asylum in the United States, as well as helping low-income crime victims to secure U-Visas. He serves as a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Immigration Representation.
- Bank Hapoalim in a cross-border investigation by the Department of Justice, Federal Reserve, and New York Department of Financial Services in relation to tax evasion by U.S. customers
- Scotiabank in obtaining global coordinated resolutions with the DOJ and CFTC in connection with investigations of spoofing involving precious metals futures contracts and other swap dealer compliance issues
- An investment advisor in an ongoing SEC investigation concerning alleged conflicts of interest between the advisor’s investment activities and the parent company’s activities
- An asset manager in connection with private civil litigations and a concurrent SEC investigation arising out of losses in fund following a quantitative option strategy during the March 2020 market turmoil
- A global financial institution on issue/claim preclusion, international comity questions and transnational judgment enforcement issues in connection with damage claims brought in Mexico