Manon Scales is an associate in Sullivan & Cromwell’s Financial Services Group, Foreign Investment and Trade Regulation Group, and Economic Sanctions and Financial Crime Group. Her practice involves the representation of financial institution clients in a range of regulatory, corporate and transactional matters, including matters relating to economic sanctions and financial crime. She also advises corporate clients on matters involving U.S. economic sanctions and the transaction review process administered by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS). Ms. Scales is also a member of the Firm’s Capital Markets Group and advises foreign and domestic public companies with respect to a wide range of corporate and securities matters.
- EXOR and PartnerRe in connection with the CFIUS review of Covéa’s $9 billion proposed purchase of PartnerRe from EXOR
- DISH Network in its $5.25 billion structured secured financing in 2021 to provide funding for its wireless communications business
- Reinvent Technology Partners Z, a SPAC led by Reid Hoffman, Mark Pincus and Michael Thompson, in its $5 billion acquisition of Hippo Enterprises, under which the combined company became publicly traded, and the $550 million PIPE in connection with the merger
- American Express Company in bank regulatory matters on an ongoing basis
- Wells Fargo in connection with disclosure matters