Karl Bock is an associate in Sullivan & Cromwell’s litigation group. His practice involves a broad range of antitrust, regulatory and enforcement proceedings, and complex civil litigation. He has experience representing clients before the Department of Justice, the SEC, the Federal Reserve Bank, and in state and federal courts.
- Goldman Sachs in reaching coordinated resolutions in multiple criminal and regulatory investigations in jurisdictions around the world relating to an alleged multi-billion dollar money laundering and corruption scheme involving the Malaysia sovereign development company, 1MDB, and senior public officials in Malaysia and the United Arab Emirates, including a deferred prosecution agreement with the DOJ and resolutions with the government of Malaysia, the SEC, Federal Reserve, New York DFS, and regulators in the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Fiserv, Inc. in its $22 billion acquisition of First Data Corporation
- Guardant Health in connection with Illumina’s $8 billion acquisition of GRAIL
- Fiat Chrysler in defending against RICO claims asserted by General Motors arising out of improper payments by former Fiat Chrysler employees to former UAW employees
- Danske Bank in securing the 2020 dismissal with prejudice of a putative federal securities class action litigation