Julia M. JordanPartner
Julia Jordan is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation Group and serves as co-head of both the Whistleblower Litigation and Workplace Investigations Practice and the Labor and Employment Law Group. Her practice focuses on internal investigations, employment matters and complex commercial litigation. Many of her most important matters are resolved without public attention.
She also represents individuals, companies and financial institutions in state and federal investigations and proceedings before the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Congress, various state attorney generals and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
Ms. Jordan is a member of the Firm’s Women’s Initiative Committee and the Pro Bono Committee. She also serves as co-hiring partner for the Washington, D.C. office.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Jordan served as an assistant district attorney in the New York County District Attorney’s Office, where she prosecuted a wide variety of cases and tried numerous jury and bench trials.
- AmLaw Litigation Daily – “Litigator of the Week,” September 2019
- Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment Star (Northeast) 2019-2020
- AmLaw Litigation Daily - Runner-up, “Litigator of the Week,” August 2018 & December 2018
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers (Employment and Labor) 2018-2019
- BTI Client Service All-Star 2017
- The Irish Voice – One of the “Irish Legal 100,” October 2016
- Board of Directors of the Washington Lawyers Committee For Civil Rights and Urban Affairs
- Board of Directors of National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty
- Former Co-Head of the Litigation Section of the D.C. Bar (July 2015-June 2017)
- D.C. Bar Litigation Steering Committee Member (2014-2017 Term)
- Represented a Board of a financial institution in an internal investigation involving allegations of sexual harassment and other improprieties by a CEO, and advised the Board on employment decisions based on findings of that investigation.
- Represented a Board of a technology company in responding to whistleblower allegations alleging sexual harassment by a CEO, reporting results of that review and providing advice on employment decisions and disclosure issues stemming from that report.
- Represented a financial services company in its internal investigation of an alleged violation of Company policy by a senior executive of the company, reporting results to the Board and advising the company on the employment decisions.
- Represented an energy company in connection with the review of assertions by a senior executive that a modification in certain responsibilities gave rise to “good cause” entitling that executive to leave the company with millions in stock, and confirmed a lack of foundation of that individual’s claims.
- Represented a private school in connection with an internal investigation and inquiry by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office into alleged misconduct by a teacher.
- Represented Yeshiva University (Yeshiva) and Yeshiva University High School for Boys, one of Yeshiva’s affiliated schools, in connection with allegations of past abuse.
- Represented a large financial institution in an internal investigation relating to the Company’s compliance with certain Bank Secrecy Act obligations.
- Represented a large financial institution in connection with a review of allegations by a whistleblower relating to the Company’s anti-money laundering department.
- Represented the Audit Committee of a regional bank, in connection with investigating the accounting treatment of certain commercial loans, and reported the results of that review to banking regulators.
- Represented Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in securing the dismissal of two proposed class actions by auto workers alleging that the company colluded against them with the United Automobile Workers.
- Represented Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in securing the dismissal of a civil action brought by the president of the United Auto Workers Local 961 seeking to stop ongoing negotiations between FCA and UAW and to temporarily block the potential sale or transfer of an FCA plant.