Joseph E. NeuhausOf Counsel
New York +1-212-558-4240+1-212-558-4240 +1-212-558-3588+1-212-558-3588[email protected]
- In September 2015, The American Lawyer recognized Mr. Neuhaus as “Litigator of the Week” for obtaining dismissal for the Central Bank of Argentina on appeal of claims by creditors of the Republic of Argentina to recover from the Central Bank for the Republic’s defaulted bonds. It was Mr. Neuhaus’s third appellate victory for the Bank in the long-running litigation.
- Selected as a leading practitioner in international arbitration by The Global Guide to the Legal Profession, 1999-2000, Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2001-2022, and Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2004-2022, and Chambers Latin America, 2013-2020, published by Chambers & Partners.
- Selected as a leading arbitrator by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2019-2022, and Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2020-2022.
- Recognized as a National Practice Area Star (2019-2022) for International Arbitration, a National Litigation Star (2008-2018) and Local Litigation Star (2008-2022) in Benchmark Litigation.
- Recognized by Who’s Who Legal as a Thought Leader for Arbitration (2022-2023).
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States as a recommended lawyer for international arbitration, 2007-2018, including as a top-ranked “Leading Lawyer” in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, for appellate, 2016 and 2017, and international litigation, 2017. Named to the “Hall of Fame” (2017).
- Recognized by The Legal 500 Latin America as a recommended lawyer for international arbitration, 2012-2016.
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America as the 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” in International Arbitration - Governmental and as a leading lawyer for international arbitration, 2006-2022.
- Recognized as a Client Service All-Star by BTI (2018).