Joon Seok HongSpecial Counsel
Joon’s practice covers a wide range of complex, cross-border corporate transactions, including public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, financings, de-SPAC transactions and going private transactions. Joon also actively advises clients in a variety of industries on corporate governance, regulatory and strategic matters.
Joon was previously resident in the Firm’s Melbourne office.
Prior to joining the Firm, Joon obtained a Ph.D. in political science with a focus on national security.
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSCapital Markets
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company on multiple securities offerings totaling $15.5 billion, including TSMC Arizona Corporation’s inaugural SEC-registered debt offering of senior unsecured notes and TSMC Global Ltd’s Rule 144A and Regulation S senior notes offerings.
- Underwriters on Alibaba Group’s $5 billion SEC-registered senior notes offering, including green bonds tranche.
- Underwriters on Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.’s offering of $700 million unsecured overseas convertible bonds at negative rate on the Singapore Exchange.
- Japan Post Insurance Co., Ltd. on its ¥310.6 trillion (approximately US$2.8 billion) global offering of common stock, including a Rule 144A and Regulation S international offering.
- Viva Energy Group Limited on its A$2.65 billion (approximately $2 billion) IPO and listing on the Australian Securities Exchange.
- Fortescue Metals Group on its $500 million Rule 144A and Regulation S offering of senior unsecured notes.
- Telstra Corporation on its Rule 144A and Regulation S offering of $1 billion of senior notes.
- BHP Billiton Limited on its $6.4 billion Rule 144A and Regulation S hybrid notes offering issued by BHP Billiton Finance.
- ANZ Banking Group Limited on its multiple offerings under its $25 billion senior medium-term notes program.
- Perfect Corp., a global leader in providing augmented reality and artificial intelligence SaaS solutions, on its de-SPAC transaction with Provident Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, valuing the business at $1 billion and resulting in Perfect’s listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
- InterContinental Energy Holdings, a leading global developer of large renewable energy projects, on its sale of a significant minority stake to an affiliate of GIC.
- Shareholders of South Korean delivery app company, Woowa Brothers Corp., on their agreement with Delivery Hero SE in connection with Delivery Hero’s announced acquisition of Woowa for an enterprise value of $6 billion.
- Signify on its definitive agreement with Eaton to acquire Cooper Lighting Solutions for $1.4 billion.
- CompareAsia Group (now known as the Hyphen Group) on its Series B-1 funding, including the investment from Experian, and related strategic considerations.
- Booking Holdings on its Series D funding of Yanolja Co. Ltd. of South Korea and the entering into a strategic partnership and commercial agreement with Yanolja.
- DP World on its investment and joint partner in port and marine terminals in Qingdao, China.
- Goldman Sachs on its investment in Trade & Development Bank of Mongolia Ltd.
- China Investment Corporation on its investments as a limited partner in a variety of private equity funds.
- SK Global Chemical Co., Ltd. on its 50-50 joint venture with SABIC Industrial Investment Company.
- Telstra Corporation on its sale of all of its share in Autohome Inc. to Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China, Ltd.