John Horsfield-Bradbury, based in London, leads our representation of major European companies on a variety of capital markets and M&A projects. His practice includes equity and debt capital markets transactions and cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSCapital Markets
Mr. Horsfield-Bradbury has extensive experience in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities for a wide range of large European issuers. He also has been actively involved in advising issuers listed in the United States on corporate governance matters.
- Equinor ASA on over $10 billion of U.S.-registered notes
- Anheuser-Busch InBev, and its subsidiary Budweiser Brewing Company APAC Limited (Bud APAC), on Bud APAC’s application to list a minority of its shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Anheuser-Busch InBev on its $8.2 billion rights offering in 2008, its debut listing of ADSs on the NYSE in 2009, multiple registered and unregistered debt offerings totaling over $100 billion, including the second largest bond offering of all time when it issued $46 billion aggregate principal amount of guaranteed notes to pre-fund the acquisition of SABMiller plc its and multiple liability management transactions
- Sonera Holding BV a wholly owned subsidiary of Telia Company AB, on its €427 million ABO (sold approximately 153.5 million shares in Turkcell IIetsim Hizmetleri AS)
- BP plc on over $50 billion of U.S.-registered notes since 2008
- XXL ASA, the largest Nordic sports retailer, in connection with its initial public offering and listing
on the Oslo Børs
- TDF Infrastructure S.A.S. on its $800 million bond offering
- Pershing Square Holdings on its initial public offering and listing on Euronext Amsterdam
- Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken on its $1.85 billion rights offering
- Jaguar Land Rover Automotive’s dealers in connection with its guaranteed senior high-yield notes offerings
- Commerzbank’s dealers in connection with its inaugural U.S. commercial paper program
- BG Group in its $1 billion Rule 144A debt offering its inaugural debt offering in the United States
Mr. Horsfield-Bradbury has advised a broad array of multinational organizations on transformational global transactions including:
- Telia Company, in connection with its wholly-owned subsidiary, Fintur Holdings B.V. $31.5 million agreement to sell its 100 percent holding in Moldcell to CG Cell Technologies DAC, wholly-owned by CG Corp Global
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV on its acquisition of SABMiller plc, the biggest ever takeover of a London-listed company and one of the most complex acquisitions in history
- Telia Company, the pre-dominant Swedish telecommunications company, as joint owner of Fintur Holdings B.V. together with Turkcell , in the sale of its 51.3 % indirect interest in the Azeri telecommunications operator Azercell LLC, to Azerbaijan International Telecom LLC, a company wholly owned by the Republic of Azerbaijan, for €222 million
- Telia’s agreement for the sale of its mobile telecommunication business in Georgia, operated by Geocell LLC, to Silknet JSC, a Georgian wireline telecommunications operator, for total consideration of approximately $153 million.
- Telia’s sale of all of its common shares in Spotify Technology S.A., (a holding company for Spotify), for an aggregate cash consideration of approximately $272 million.
- BP plc on its agreement with the Supreme Petroleum Council of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company to acquire a minority interest in Abu Dhabi’s ADCO onshore oil concession in exchange for shares representing approximately 2% of BP’s issued share capital
- Credit Suisse on the acquisition of the private wealth management business in Europe, Middle East and Africa of Morgan Stanley
- Barclays on the $15.2 billion sale of the Barclays Global Investors business to BlackRock
- Silver Lake Partners and Skype on the $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype by Microsoft
- Cúram Software Limited on its acquisition by IBM Corporation