J. Michael Snypes Jr.Special Counsel
Michael Snypes is a member of the Firm’s Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits and M&A groups. He advises on a broad range of matters involving the compensation of senior executives, including employment, change in control, equity compensation and severance and separation arrangements. Mr. Snypes focuses on compensation matters arising in M&A, divestitures and leveraged buyouts. He also regularly advises on corporate governance, securities, disclosure and compliance issues, and is experienced in dealing with matters related to management transitions.
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSSome of Mr. Snypes’ representations include:
- Amgen, in its $10.5 billion acquisition of Onyx Pharmaceuticals.
- Bright House Networks, in its pending $10 billion sale to Charter.
- C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., in its acquisition of the wholesale distribution and supply business of The Grocers Supply Company, Inc.
- Coleman Cable, in its $786 million acquisition by Southwire.
- CVS, in its $12.7 billion acquisition of Omnicare.
- CVS, in its $2 billion acquisition of Coram.
- E.ON, in the $8 billion sale of its U.S. operations to PPL.
- Evercore Partners, in its acquisition of International Strategy & Investment.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, in its acquisition of Chrysler out of bankruptcy.
- Harris, in its $5 billion acquisition of Exelis.
- Harris, in its $525 million acquisition of CapRock Communications.
- Hudson City Bank, in its pending $4 billion sale to M&T.
- ICE, in its $11 billion acquisition of The New York Stock Exchange.
- LabCorp, in its $6 billion acquisition of Covance.
- Medco, in its $34 billion sale to Express Scripts.
- Pepco, in its pending $7 billion sale to Exelon.
- Pharmasset, in its $11 billion sale to Gilead.
- Susquehanna Bancshares, Inc., in its $2.5 billion acquisition by BB&T Corporation.
- UnitedHealth, in its $13 billion acquisition of Catamaran.