Ivan D. DeutschPartner
Ivan Deutsch is a partner in S&C’s General Practice Group and a member of the Firm’s Management Committee. Ivan has a diverse multidisciplinary practice focused on owners and operators in the real estate industry, as well as extensive experience as a personal adviser to investment fund managers, family investment offices and the owners of closely held and family-owned businesses on both personal and commercial matters, particularly in connection with succession planning and generational transition. Ivan also regularly advises Universities and other not-for-profit institutions on governance and related matters.
Ivan also leads the Firm’s Sports & Entertainment practice, representing clients on all matters related to the sports and entertainment industries. In 2021, Sports Business Journal named S&C a “Power Player for Outside Counsel,” which recognized Ivan and the Firm’s “established track record in sports, with respected leaders in sports law who have a strong base and a wide scope of influence.”
- Abrams Capital Management in the sale of Netrality Data Centers to Macquarie Infrastructure Partners IV.
- ATL Investco in the purchase of the Atlanta Hawks NBA franchise.
- Columbia University in internal governance matters.
- Dean Spanos on matters related to the ownership of the Los Angeles Chargers NFL franchise.
- First Football LLC in connection with its interests in the Las Vegas Raiders NFL franchise.
- Frank McCourt in the $2.15 billion sale of the Los Angeles Dodgers MLB team out of bankruptcy to Guggenheim Baseball Management.
- GAF, a Standard Industries company, in its acquisition of FT Synthetics.
- Heyman Family members in numerous planning and transactional matters, including the $3.2 billion sale of International Specialty Products Inc. (ISP) to Ashland Inc., and the acquisitions of Braas Monier Building Group and Icopal Holding.
- Madison Square Garden Companies in connection with various arena and franchise-related developments and financings.
- New Meadowlands Stadium Company (a joint venture between the owners the NY Giants and NY Jets NFL franchises) in connection with matters related to MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
- New York Football Giants and its owners, the Mara and Tisch families, in connection with ownership, financing and NFL matters.
- Office of the Commissioner Major League Baseball (MLB) and MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) in numerous transactional and governance matters, including MLBAM’s partnership with Eurosport, and the Walt Disney Company’s acquisition of a majority interest in BAMTech, MLB’s digital streaming technology business.
- Giants Development Services (an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants MLB team) in connection with its 28-acre, mixed used development adjacent to Oracle Park.
- Pritzker Family members and related entities in the restructuring of the family’s domestic and foreign assets and numerous subsequent family planning and transactional matters.
- Standard Investments and Standard Industries, as the largest stockholder in GCP Applied Technologies, in connection with Saint-Gobain’s $2.3 billion pending acquisition of all outstanding shares of GCP.
- Standard Industries Holdings in its $7 billion acquisition of W. R. Grace & Co.
- Tishman Speyer Properties in connection with numerous joint ventures, acquisitions, financings and developments.
- An international consortium of investors (the Goldman Sachs Whitehall Funds, the Niarchos and Agnelli families and David Rockefeller) in the sale of Rockefeller Center.
- Members of the Winter Family in the sale of the Crown Building (730 Fifth Avenue) to affiliates of General Growth Properties and Jeff Sutton.
- Yeshiva University in numerous transactional and internal governance matters.