Heather L. ColemanPartner
Heather Coleman is a partner in Sullivan & Cromwell’s General Practice Group, focusing her practice on a variety of executive compensation, corporate governance and securities matters. She is also active in the Firm’s restructuring practice. Ms. Coleman has broad experience advising public and private companies and individual senior executives on executive compensation and benefits matters in a range of corporate transactions and in a regular advisory role. She also frequently counsels clients on ongoing public company matters, including their Securities Exchange Act of 1934 reports and corporate governance and disclosure compliance.
Ms. Coleman is an Empire State Counsel pro bono honoree and a visiting lecturer in law at Yale Law School, where she teaches Corporate Crisis Management.
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSMergers and Acquisitions
- Andeavor in its $35.6 billion acquisition by Marathon Petroleum and $6.4 billion acquisition of Western Refining
- Verifone Systems Inc. in its $3.4 billion acquisition by an investor group led by Francisco Partners
- Impax in its $5.5 billion merger with Amgen Pharmaceuticals
- Ron Shaich founder, chairman and CEO of Panera Bread in connection with his investment vehicle Act III Holdings’ significant equity investment in Cava Group, to finance the $300 million acquisition of Zoe’s Kitchen
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries in its $40.5 billion acquisition of Allergan Generics
- Kraft Foods Group Inc. in its $55 billion merger with H.J. Heinz Holding Corp. to create The Kraft Heinz Company
- Panera Bread in its $7.5 billion acquisition by JAB
- United Rentals in its $2.1 billion acquisition of Vander Holdings Corporation and its subsidiaries including BlueLine Rental, LLC, its $715 million acquisition of BakerCorp International Holdings, Inc., its $1.3 billion acquisition of Neff Corporation and its $965 million acquisition of NES Rental Holdings II, Inc.
- Navistar International in its strategic alliance with Volkswagen Truck & Bus
- American International Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Hamilton USA, its sale of United Guaranty Corporation to Arch Capital Group and its sale of AIG Advisor Group
- Columbia Banking System, Inc. in its $644.1 million acquisition of Pacific Continental Corporation and its $121.5 million acquisition of Intermountain Community Bancorp
- AT&T in its $2.5 billion purchase of Mexican wireless company Iusacell from Grupo Salinas and in its $1.875 billion purchase of Nextel Mexico from NII Holdings, Inc.
- Axel Springer SE in its acquisition of Business Insider
- Coronado Global Resources, Inc. in its A$773.7 million ($551.7 million) IPO
- The underwriters in the $263.5 million IPO of Anaplan
- Byline Bancorp in its IPO
- First Hawaiian Bank in its $555.7 million IPO
- Orion Engineered Carbons in its IPO
- Quality Care Properties in its bankruptcy acquisition of HCR ManorCare
- The official creditors committee in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Energy Future Holdings Corp. (EFH) and of Dendreon Corp
- Eastman Kodak Company in connection with its bankruptcy proceedings, including approval of contested incentive arrangements
- American International Group, Inc. in a series of integrated transactions to recapitalize the company and in a range of corporate governance matters, including with respect to compensation matters under TARP
- Executives and boards in connection with senior executive appointments and transitions, including Satya Nadella for Microsoft, Robert Kelly and Gerald Hassell for BNYMellon and Tracey Wolstencroft at Heidrick & Struggles
- Numerous hedge funds, private equity managers and investment professionals in governance, employment and compensation matter