Glen T. SchleyerPartner
Glen Schleyer has broad experience advising on a variety of registered and unregistered securities offerings, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, structured transactions, complex debt issuances and exchange offers. He advises numerous corporate clients on ongoing public company matters, including their 1934 Act periodic reports, Section 13(d) and Section 16 reporting, executive compensation matters, corporate governance and regulatory compliance. He has advised Goldman Sachs on a number of significant offerings, from their initial public offering in 1999 to their issuance of securities to, and repurchase of securities from, Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and the U.S. Treasury. He participated in the development of the U.S. Treasury’s Capital Purchase Program through negotiation of the underlying documents on behalf of participating financial institutions. He also is active in the Firm’s corporate governance practice, including analyzing new corporate governance regulations, preparing memoranda to clients on practice developments, and advising clients on corporate governance compliance and best practices, including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank provisions and managing shareholder relations and shareholder proposals. He is also a frequent speaker on corporate governance and proxy matters and is the author of articles on issues of shareholder activism and related governance matters.
Notable representations and activities include:
- Advising issuers and underwriters on numerous initial public offerings, including Goldman Sachs, Houlihan Lokey, Och-Ziff Capital Management, Talecris Biotherapeutics, Moelis & Co., Under Armour, Orbitz, optionsXpress and Carlyle GMS Finance Corp., as well as numerous public and private follow-on equity offerings, debt offerings, tender offers and exchange offers.
- Advising on corporate governance practices and reporting matters for numerous public company clients, including UnitedHealthgroup, Medco, Goldman Sachs, AIG, JPMorgan Chase, Krispy Kreme, Evercore Partners, Heidrick & Struggles, Assurant, Sterling Bancorp, Royal Bank of Canada, Bank of New York Mellon, Madison Square Garden, Dime Community Bancorp, Harris Corporation, CA, Inc., Cablevision Systems, Praxair, Ocwen Financial, SS&C Technologies, Virgin Media and Vornado Realty Trust
- Advising The Clearing House Association on the development of its Guiding Principles for Enhancing Banking Organization Corporate Governance
- Co-author of The Public Company Deskbook (2014, The Practising Law Institute), a comprehensive, three-volume treatise on public company governance and disclosure issues.
- Author or co-author of numerous S&C client publications on securities law and corporate governance matters, including those relating to the JOBS Act, NYSE and Nasdaq rules, Dodd-Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley developments and compliance, and corporate governance matters.
- Member of the Securities Regulation Committees of both the NYS Bar Association and the NYC Bar Association, and the New York County Lawyers Association Committee on Professional Ethics.