Francesca L. FulchignoniPractice Area Associate
- Barclays in the investigation and resolution with the DOJ, CFTC, the U.K. FSA of matters relating to LIBOR and Euribor.
- Eni S.p.A. in two high-profile DOJ and SEC FCPA investigations related to Eni’s oil and gas businesses in Africa. The DOJ closed both investigations without taking any enforcement action, and the SEC declined to take action in one matter and settled the other solely on books-and-records charges.
- A major global financial institution in connection with the DOJ’s FIFA corruption investigation.
- Standard Chartered Bank in a 2019 deferred prosecution agreement with the DOJ and the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office and regulatory settlements with the New York State Department of Financial Services, the Federal Reserve and OFAC, all related to OFAC sanctions and anti-money laundering compliance.
- A global bank in an ongoing criminal investigation conducted by the DOJ concerning compliance with U.S. anti‐money laundering and other applicable laws. The investigation is focused on the bank’s correspondent banking relationships with certain financial institutions headquartered in the Middle East.
- Attorney-Client Privilege Challenges in International Investigations American Bar Association Litigation Journal (Winter 2021)