Dennis C. SullivanOf Counsel
Dennis Sullivan became a partner in the Firm's General Practice Group in 1997 after serving as Special Counsel from 1994-1996.
Rankings and Recognitions
- The Legal 500 United States – recognized in Energy Transactions: Oil and Gas (2017) and Bank Lending (2013-2016)
- The Legal 500 Latin America – recognized in Banking and Finance (2017) and on the Private Practice Powerlist Mexico (2018)
- Latin Lawyer – recognized in Latin Lawyer 250 (2017)
- The Best Lawyers in America – recognized as a leading lawyer in Derivatives and Futures Law (2006-2018)
- The Washington D.C. Area Best Lawyers – recognized as a leading lawyer in derivatives law (2007)
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSMr. Sullivan is an active member of the Firm's Commodities, Futures and Derivatives Group. He has assisted in the creation and operation of triple-A rated derivative products companies for:
- Bear Stearns;
- Morgan Stanley; and
Mr. Sullivan is a member of the Firm's Structured Finance Group and Commercial Lending Group. In that capacity, he:
- regularly represents lenders and borrowers in club and syndicated lending transactions, including secured financings and financings with complex intercreditor issues and covenant packages;
- has represented lessees, equity investors and lenders in connection with leveraged leases of aircraft, power generation facilities, equipment and satellite transponders; and
- has represented lenders in numerous financings in Latin America, including advice to Corporación Andina de Fomento in connection with the establishment and update of its A/B loan program.
- the senior lenders in the Malhas (US$ 1.0 billion, signed in 2003) and Cabiúnas (US$ 850 million, signed in 2000 and refinancing signed in 2006) gas projects in Brazil;
- Iridium in connection with the debt financing of its satellite-based telecommunication services; and
- GS in creation of a joint venture with US Geothermal to develop and operate the Raft River geothermal power generation facility.