David B. RockwellOf Counsel
David Rockwell represents non-U.S. companies and financial institutions in connection with their corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions activities.
In the corporate finance area, he has acted on behalf of both underwriters and issuers in connection with a wide range of high-profile equity and debt financing transactions. His recent equity experience includes representing UBS in connection with its implementation of a new holding company structure, as well as representing the issuers in numerous IPOs, including Braas Monier Building Group and LEG Immobilien. He has represented Porsche, ING, SEB, Anheuser-Busch InBev and UBS in connection with their various rights offerings, Evonik on its Frankfurt Stock Exchange listing and Anheuser-Busch InBev on its New York Stock Exchange listing. He has represented the underwriters in connection with the IPOs of IMCD N.V., Allied Minds PLC, and Countrywide PLC, among many others, as well as in connection with Commerzbank's 2013 equity rights offering, 2011 mandatory convertible bond offering and 2011 equity rights offering, the 2013 equity offering and Frankfurt Stock Exchange listing of the RTL Group, and the 2015 $6 billion Yankee bond issuance by AstraZeneca.
Mr. Rockwell also regularly advises several European banks on U.S. regulatory matters.
Mr. Rockwell is an officer of the IBA's Capital Markets Forum and immediate past Chairman of the IBA’s Securities Law Committee. He is a member of the Consultative Advisory Group of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board and a contributing editor to the IFLR.
He is proficient in German and has a good working knowledge of Spanish.
Selected Past Speeches:
- “New and Improved? The SEC’s Second Attempt at Rules on Resource Extraction Payment Disclosures,” International Bar Association Annual Conference (September, 2016, Washington, D.C.)
- Co-Chair, "Who Says There’s No Place Like Home? Redomiciling Your Company," 33rd International Financial Law Conference (May 19, 2016, Athens, Greece)
- Co-chair, "Evolving Banking Regulations and Post-2008 Financial Centres," 2nd Asia-based International Financial Law Conference 2016 (March 11, 2016, Singapore)
- "Key Themes in Busted Deals," International Bar Association Annual Conference 2015 (October 7, 2015, Vienna, Austria)
- "Overview of Current Topics in U.S. Derivatives Regulation," for the Financial Services Section session "Derivatives: Today and Tomorrow," International Bar Association Annual Conference 2015 (October 5, 2015, Vienna, Austria
- Moderator, "How Did the 2007/2008 Financial Crisis Come About?", 20th anniversary celebration of the Executive Master of European and International Business Law (E.M.B.L.-HSG), University of St. Gallen (September 18, 2015, Zurich, Switzerland)
- "Compensation Disclosure: Do We Really Need 100 Pages?", 32nd International Financial Law Conference (May 22, 2015, Budapest, Hungary)
- "Issuer’s Counsel Perspective on Recent Developments in ADRs," BNY Mellon’s ADR University (May 4, 2015, New York)
- Panelist, "Capital Markets and Corporate Finance in and Involving BRICS and MINT Countries," “From BRICS to MINTS” (Feb 26, 2015, London, England)
- Panelist, "Strategy, Tactics and Ethics in the Negotiation of Transactions," International Bar Association Annual Conference 2014 (October 22, 2014, Tokyo, Japan)
- Panelist, "I’ve Got a New Deal! Now What Do I Do? – Dos and Don’ts for the Novice (and Not-So-Novice)," International Bar Association Annual Conference 2013 (October 7, 2013, Boston, MA)
- Panel chair, "The Attractions and Challenges in Tapping the IPO Market in Asia," Inaugural Asia-based International Financial Law Conference (March 1, 2013, Shanghai, China)