Darrell S. CafassoPartner
Darrell S. Cafasso is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation Group. He represents leading global companies and financial institutions in complex litigation in the areas of securities law, derivative suits, bank regulation, consumer financial products, contracts, employment disputes and general commercial litigation. He also represents prominent corporations and individuals in regulatory and criminal investigations, including before the U.S. Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and several state attorneys general, and conducts internal investigations for corporate clients. Mr. Cafasso has represented some of the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions in high-profile, critical company matters, including Banco Popular, Barclays, Diageo, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase and Moody’s Corporation.
- Serves as national coordinating counsel for JPMorgan Chase for litigations relating to residential mortgage-backed securities issued by JPMorgan Chase, Bear Stearns and Washington Mutual.
- Represents Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in civil litigation and government investigations regarding its vehicle sales reporting methodologies and disclosures.
- Represents U.S. bank in an MDL litigation, private lawsuits and regulatory inquiries by the CFPB and the OCC arising from the offering of overdraft protection products.
- Represents U.S. regional financial holding company in a DOJ redlining investigation concerning lending practices.
- Represents prominent corporate executive in numerous class action litigations and regulatory matters concerning mortgage servicing practices and disclosures.
- Represents California Resources Corporation, a publicly traded oil and natural gas exploration and production company, in a putative class action regarding a debt exchange offer.
- Represented Moody’s Corporation and officers and directors of Moody’s in shareholder class actions and derivative litigation concerning the Company’s ratings of structured finance products.
- Represented Diageo plc in a RICO action brought by the Republic of Colombia claiming an alleged money laundering and smuggling scheme.
- Represented Barclays Bank plc in employment litigations brought by former Lehman Brothers employees seeking to hold Barclays liable on their Lehman employment contracts.
- Represented Popular, Inc. and officers and directors of Popular in ERISA, shareholder derivative and securities class actions arising out of the Company’s accounting for deferred tax assets.
- Represented prominent hedge fund in several SEC investigations.