Clemens Rechberger is a partner in the firm’s General Practice Group. He is based in the Frankfurt office and also has experience working in the firm’s New York and London offices. He focuses on representing issuers and underwriters in a broad range of equity and debt capital market transactions. He also advises on public and private M&A transactions. Mr. Rechberger is qualified to practice New York law.
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSCapital Markets
- IPOs/Listings: Advising issuers such as Global Fashion Group S.A. (2019); Westwing Group (2018); HelloFresh (2017); Delivery Hero (both 2017); and Rocket Internet (2014). He has also advised underwriters on many transactions, such as Siemens Healthineers (2018); innogy (2016); Zalando (2014); RTL Group (2013); Brenntag (2010); and Hochtief Concessions (2009).
- Rights issues: Advising issuers, such as Deutsche Wohnen (2015, 2012 and 2011) on its capital increases. He also advised the underwriters on the rights offering of BUWOG (2017); Commerzbank (2013); IVG Immobilien (2011); Q-Cells (2010); Draeger (2010); and Deutsche Wohnen (2009).
- Debt issuances: Advising issuers such as Daimler, KfW, Rentenbank and FMS Wertmanagement on numerous Rule 144A and SEC-registered debt offerings. He also advised the underwriters on a Rule 144A bond offering by Deutsche Telekom.
- Advising principals on public M&A transactions: TLG Immobilien in its public exchange offer to acquire all outstanding shares in WCM Beteiligungs-und Grundbesitz-AG (2017); Deutsche Wohnen on its voluntary public tender offer to acquire all outstanding shares of LEG Immobilien (abandoned); Deutsche Annington on its public exchange offer to all shareholders of GAGFAH SA for $10.7 billion (2015); Deutsche Wohnen on its attempted voluntary public tender offer to acquire all outstanding conwert Immobilien Invest SE’s shares and convertible bonds (2015); and Deutsche Wohnen on its €3.6 billion public takeover of GSW Immobilien (2013).
- Advising principals on private M&A transactions and other privately negotiated transactions: Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division on the DKK8 billion investment in DONG Energy (now Ørsted) as part of a DKK13 billion capital raise (Deal of the Year – M&A, IFLR European Awards); Rhône Capital in its investment in Quicksilver; Diageo in its acquisition of premium cocktail mixer maker Stirrings.