C. Michelle ChenAssociate
Michelle Chen is an associate in the Firm’s Financial Services and Capital Markets Groups, with a broad regulatory and transactional practice. She advises clients on a variety of regulatory matters, with a focus on bank regulatory and Investment Company Act matters, as well as on disclosure and general corporate matters. She also represents clients on M&A and capital markets transactions. Her clients include U.S. and non-U.S. banking organizations, business development companies and other financial services companies.
- Fiserv, Inc. in its $22 billion acquisition of First Data Corporation and its secondary equity offerings
- M&T Bank Corporation in its agreement with People’s United Financial under which M&T will acquire People’s United for $7.6 billion
- EverBank Financial Corporation in its $2.5 billion acquisition by Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America
- Popular, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of certain assets and all deposits (other than certain brokered deposits) of Doral Bank from the FDIC, as Receiver, in alliance with other co-bidders
- CITIC Securities Company Ltd. in connection with the acquisition of CLSA B.V. from Crédit Agricole SA for $1.25 billion